Minister Lindiwe Sisulu will be leading a delegation to KwaZulu-Natal, uMkhanyakude to conduct a roadshow.
During this roadshow, The Minister and other leaders from all three spheres of government will interact with key tourism stakeholders in KwaZulu Natal as well as visit various key tourism projects and key tourism attractions.
On the basis of this background, the Department of Tourism are hosting provincial roadshows which are aimed at engaging key tourism stakeholders and visiting key tourism projects in VTSD areas in each province.
The sessions will provide stakeholders with a platform to raise key issues impacting the recovery of the sector in their respective provinces. The Department of Tourism will also use the opportunity to update on the recovery of the sector as well as provide feedback on the progress made thus far.
The objectives of the roadshows are to:
• Reignite the tourism sector through stakeholder engagement.
• Drive alignment between national and provinces in the implementation of the Tourism Sector Recovery Plan.
• Gather insights from tourism stakeholders impacting the growth of the sector.
• Foster improved relations between the government and the tourism sector.
• The sector to be updated on the financial assistance they can receive from the department.
Source: Government of South Africa