Police condemn the killing of an educator

The South African Police Service in Limpopo condemn the continuous acts of violence perpetrated against women in some parts of this Province with the strongest terms.

These words of condemnation by the Police is precipitated by the incident which took place yesterday on 2019-01-08 at about 10:00 in the morning, where a female Educator was shot and killed at Ntsako village in the Letsitele Policing area outside Tzaneen.

It is alleged that the deceased, lvone Mushwana aged 40 who is an Educator at Nyatshiri Primary School, was with her boyfriend at this Village next to the local scrap yard and subsequently, people heard gun shots from where the two were standing.

They immediately went to investigate and they found lvone lying dead on the ground and the boyfriend ran away and disappeared.

The Police were notified, they reacted swiftly and started with the initial investigations and also started tracing the boyfriend.

Within few hours of hunting, the boyfriend Khashane Willy Malatji aged 45 who is a local business man was found dead in his house at Nkowankowa in the Ritavi Policing area outside Tzaneen with a gunshot wound and the firearm lying next to his body.

The Police in Letsitele have opened a case of murder following the death of the female educator and in Ritavi, the Police have opened a case of Inquest on the death of the boyfriend.

The motive behind this incident is still not clear at this stage but domestic violence may not be ruled out.

The Provincial Commissioner of the South African Police Service in Limpopo Lieutenant General Nneke Ledwaba is concerned about the domestic related incidents which are still prevalent in certain areas of the Province where people end up killing or injuring one another during conflict situations.

Members of the community who are having domestic related problems, must consult their local professionals to provide the appropriate intervention rather than resorting to violence or harming each other, concluded General Ledwaba.

The Police investigations are still continuing.

Source: South African Police Service